PODCAST: Philanthropy’s Role in Environmental and Societal Change with Guernsey Finance
Ahead of the Guernsey Sustainable Finance week, our CEO John Pepin was invited to discuss Philanthropy with Rosie Allsopp from We are Guernsey. The podcast covers trends in Philanthropy, social investment and ESG/Impact investing, looking at changing client demand and how to meet it.
Highlights from the conversation:
The discussion begins with an introduction from Rosie and John, exploring how Guernsey can affect positive societal and environmental change through philanthropic giving and impact investments.
Topics broadly covered:
- Why people continue to give, and how can we encourage more
- The changing client demand and what is driving this change.
- Trends, and the shift in language and giving approach – moving from traditional charitable giving towards blended finance, understanding how your capital can be used in various ways to maximise impact.
- Data technology changes
- Donor Advised Funds
- Good examples of different approaches
- Role of professional advisors in this area – the power to unlock more capital for good within their daily practice.
- Benefit as advisors for their firms but also increasing giving
- Great wealth transfer – how the younger generation are driving this change (millennial, Gen Z and Women of Wealth).
- New type of wealth management – and professional advisors need to understand how to meet the expectations of this new type of client and quickly.
- The power of networks and the emerging peer networks – communities and collectives
Philanthropy Impact will be at the Guernsey Sustainable Finance week 20-24 September - come and see us, to arrange a meeting please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44(0) 7825 871 839