PIMFA - The Personal Investment Management and Financial Advice Association
The Personal Investment Management and Financial Advice Association (PIMFA) is the trade association for firms that provide investment management and financial advice to help individuals and families plan for their financial life journeys.
PIMFA’s membership consists of two groups – full members who provide investment management and financial advice to everyone from individuals and families to charities, pension funds, trusts and companies, and associate members who provide professional services to our member firms.
Through the newly created PIMFA, the collective experience of the WMA and APFA (see ‘Our History’ below) is leveraged into a stronger, united voice that lobbies for the combined membership, while unlocking many other benefits.
Our mission is to create an optimal operating environment so that our member firms can focus on delivering the best service to clients, providing responsible stewardship for their long-term savings and investments.
What we Do
- Represent the diverse range of firms in the investment and financial advice industry with a unified voice
- Provide industry thought leadership, consolidating our extensive technical insights and expertise in research and policy work
- Lead the debate on policy and regulatory recommendations to ensure an optimal operating environment for firms and clients, maintaining the UK’s position as a leading global centre of excellence
- Through our advocacy work, we promote the industry as a key catalyst to develop a culture of savings and investment in the UK
- Promote a greater understanding of the sector and its role as a beneficial force in transforming the way people save and invest for the future
- Facilitate dialogue across industry stakeholders, while developing best-practice guidance