Philanthropy Impact Magazine Issue 10
The importance of this topic is highlighted by the response Philanthropy Impact has received for the Call for Articles, receiving over 60 articles. The great interest in this topic has resulted in the decision to publish all four volumes of the magazine during the course of 2016 looking at the topic from different perspectives answering a number of questions such as
1. What drives social investment?
2. Does knowledge and information about impact matter for donors?
3. Is impact measurement a fundamental tool and requirement for managing a charity or social enterprise?
4. What is the role of impact measurement in developing and monitoring your theory of change?
5. Should the measurement of impact be independent of the charity/social enterprise?
6. How can we improve measurement of impact to support more effective philanthropy?
7. What role does impact and impact measurement play in spotting good impact investments?
8. Is impact measurement a fad? The flavour of the month?
9. What makes for good impact measurement? E.g. assessing the major changes (or ‘outcomes’) achieved?
10. How rigorous does the impact measurement process have to be? E.g. control groups
The first volume will be published in the end of January.
We thank everyone who submitted articles and we look forward to publishing four very interesting volumes of the Philanthropy Impact Magazine during 2016.