Philanthropy Impact is hiring
17 July 2018
The Administration, Communications & Events Officer will report to the Training and Development Director and will be based at Philanthropy Impact's office in Borough, London. This is a fixed term contract 37.5 hours/week. The salary is £25k.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To maintain and develop the smooth running of Philanthropy Impact’s administrative and office functions. This includes task management for staff and general administrative and reception tasks such as taking phone calls, word-processing, photocopying, servicing meetings, dealing with incoming and outgoing post, ordering goods and stationery, for example.
- To develop and produce communications with members and external parties, including the development and monitoring of Philanthropy Impact’s branding and house-style and overseeing the content of all Philanthropy Impact’s paper, electronic and web-based information, publicity and reports.
- To work with Philanthropy Impact staff, committees and Board of Trustees to support the recruitment and retention of Philanthropy Impact’s membership. This includes dealing with membership administrative processes, maintaining the database and helping to set up members’ access to benefits.
- To produce, develop and manage the marketing of all Philanthropy Impact’s activities, including consulting and liaising with other Philanthropy Impact staff, committees, trustees and stakeholders to produce hard-copy and electronic marketing communications materials, overseeing their dissemination, and where required arranging advertising through other relevant media and liaising with external organisations to promote Philanthropy Impact’s activities.
- To support the creation and manage the preparation of Philanthropy Impact’s events, including production, marketing, bookings, and event management. (Monitoring take-up, processing and confirming bookings; copying materials and resources; organising venues, catering and equipment and collating materials and undertaking evaluation and collation thereof).
- To work with Philanthropy Impact staff, committees and trustees to lead the development of Philanthropy Impact’s website and database, including uploading content, liaising with technical support and ensuring maintenance of Philanthropy Impact database.
- To log and process financial data, including paying bills online, tracking payments, maintaining the petty cash and collating financial information for reporting to Philanthropy Impact’s Chief Executive, accountants and Finance Committee.
- To ensure the general maintenance of Philanthropy Impact’s ICT systems and the good working order of the premises and office equipment to meet the health and safety needs of all who work or use the premises.
- To attend Philanthropy Impact staff meetings and supervision, and other internal and external meetings as requested.
- To undertake all work in line with Philanthropy Impact’s core policies. To be flexible in adapting to the needs of the post according to the changing and emerging needs of Philanthropy Impact and its membership and to undertake other duties and responsibilities from time to time as requested.
Qualifications and experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- A minimum of 3-4 years experience of a wide range of administrative functions
- Experience of communications
- Experience of membership schemes and databases
- Experience of the administration of events and event management
- Interest in philanthropy
Essential skills and knowledge
- Maintain the efficient running of the office through accurate use and development of in-house systems and records
- Ability to create paper-based and electronic marketing and publicity materials, and oversee all outgoing communications
- Able to collect and analyse data and contribute to the development of Philanthropy Impact’s membership development and all other activities
- Knowledge and ability to maintain websites, social media (LinkedIn) and use design or desktop publishing programmes
- Knowledge of how to use MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook and Publisher) and use in-house databases.
- Work creatively, resourcefully and flexibly on a small budget and be able to maintain and ensure the accuracy and timely processing of financial information
- Excellent communication skills, including on the telephone, in person and in writing with a wide range of stakeholders
- Excellent written communication skills, including the ability to proof read and write paper-based, electronic and web-based communications
- Demonstrate a commitment to high standards of work to ensure an excellent customer experience for Philanthropy Impact members, event participants and others and a professional and positive projection of the Philanthropy Impact brand through all outgoing communication.
- Work independently to organise, plan and deliver work to meet deadlines
- Work effectively and flexibly as part of a small team
Applications should consist of CV and a personal letter. All applications should be sent to email@example.com. Applications will close on 3rd August 2018. Questions about the role can be directed to Cecilia Hersler on +442074077879. The job description can be downloaded as a PDF here.
About Philanthropy Impact
We work with advisors, philanthropists, charities and governments to develop greater expertise, awareness and impact in philanthropic action. We provide resources, bespoke events and platforms to support the development of the philanthropy sector. Our vision is a