Fake news and society – What role can wealth play?
- What is fake news and the challenges presented by it?
- What role does journalism play in society today? Why does it matter?
- What are some different business models from for profit to publicly funded to hybrid philanthropic/earned revenue and crowd funding for journalism?
- How might HNWI and family offices think about engaging in this space?
- How does one track and measure impact of ‘fake news’ and solutions to it?
- How can this affect philanthropists and their professional advisers; what are the risks and how can they be managed?
- How can philanthropists and social investors get involved? Should they play a role?
- What are approaches to campaigning including harnessing public opinion as a force for good?
Speakers: James Stephenson, News Editor, BBC News and Current Affairs; Molly Bingham, President & CEO, Orb Media; Michael Farrant, Director, Head of Private Clients and Corporate, Project Associates; Patrice Schneider, Chief Strategy Officer, Media Development Investment Fund.
Philanthropy Impact would like to thank Buzzacott for generously hosting this event.